Updated 3rd April 2019
RACG Policies & Documents
Code of Conduct for Members
River Anglers Conservation Group
River Anglers Conservation Group (herein ‘the club’) is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience for all. The club believes that it is important that members, committee, administrators and advisors associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Matt Marlow, Chairperson.
This Code of Conduct forms part of the Service Terms & Conditions for membership of the club and applies to all official club activities and member facilities provided by the club, both physical events (fish-ins, talk nights etc) and online (including but not limited to the club websites, social media groups/pages).
Breaches of this code of conduct will be dealt with by the committee who will notify any affected parties within 7 days of a breach and their decision of action, if any. As a member of River Anglers Conservation Group, you are expected to abide by the following code of practice:
- All members must take responsibility in ensuring they are up to date with this code, understand and adhere to it.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all members, committee, admins and representatives regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Members should recognise the valuable contribution made by committee, admins and advisors who are all volunteers. They give their time and resources to provide the club and its activities/online facilities, for you.
- All members must respect committee and online admins/moderators, and publicly accept their decisions.
- All members should be a positive role model. You as a member represent the club publicly, so you must treat other anglers and river users with the same level of respect you would expect to be shown to yourself.
- Use correct and proper language at all times. Foul language will not be tolerated.
- Members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs at club events that take place at river locations due to safety concerns and insurance liabilities. At social events e.g. Talk Nights, sensible alcohol consumption is allowed provided it does not detract from the enjoyment of the event for other attendees.
- Members are responsible for wearing suitable attire and footwear for events at river locations (unless specifically mentioned as supplied in event details) so as to ensure their own Health & Safety.
- Members must pay any fees for membership or events in accordance with the club Terms & Conditions.
- Bullying of any sort will not be tolerated. We encourage everyone to enjoy angling, our river environments and understand that people have different opinions and motivations for taking part.